National Certification Board its members, Staff and examiners fully understands the importance of impartiality in undertaking its personnel certification activities. National Certification Board will ensure that in all its dealings with candidates, employees or other personnel, its actions are and will remain impartial. To ensure that impartiality is maintained and demonstrated, the following principles have been established.
· National Certification Board Certificates are only issued following a review by an independent authorised and competent member of the management team (who has not been involved in the examination) to ensure that no interest shall predominate.
· National Certification Board does not offer any course/training related to personnel certification or any other form of consultancy to candidate.
· National Certification Board does not own or have any interest (financial or otherwise) in any other company that offers certification or training related to personnel certification services.
· National Certification Board does not have (and will not form) any relationships with companies who offer consultancy or training or other services that can be construed as having an impact on the certification services provided by National Certification Board.
· Individuals employed by or otherwise contracted to National Certification Board are required to document and record their current and past relationships with all companies. Any situation past or present which may present a potential conflict of interest is required to be declared. National Certification Board will use the information to identify any threats to impartiality and will not use that individual in any capacity unless they can demonstrate that there is no conflict of interest.
· National Certification Board will not allocate a member of staff or sub–contractor to a management system examination where any past relationship existed. Exceptionally and at the discretion of the Chairman, NCB/Controller of Examinations an individual or sub–contractor may be allocated to a management system examination where a past relationship has existed but there has been no relationship for a minimum of 2 years.
· National Certification Board does not and will not offer any commission, (finders fees or other inducements) to any individual or company in respect of referrals of Candidates.
· Examiners and others involved in the certification process are not and will not be put under any pressure and will not be influenced in any way to come to a particular conclusion regarding the result of an examination.
National Certification Board’s Impartiality Norms:
· No outsourcing of Examinations to Training Institutes.
· No Referral Fees to be paid to Training Institutes.
· Adherence to accreditation and other National Certification Board Policies.
· National Certification Board shall not carry–out any other conflicting services other than its core business of Certification.
· National Certification Board shall not allow any of its examiners to market the services and conduct the examinations for the same candidate.
· National Certification Board shall not allow any of its examiners to carry out financial transactions with Candidates / Training Institutes.
· National Certification Board shall not carry–out business with any Training Institutes inducing pressures to compromise impartiality.
· National Certification Board shall not allow any of the examiners to carry out examinations for the customer at least for 2 years from the date of relinquishment from their services for the customer candidate.
· National Certification Board shall maintain transparency with regard to all information.
· No Examiners shall divulge any confidential information of the customer to any third party without written consent from the customer and approval by Chairman, NCB.
· Any unethical practice observed should be notified to the management at the earliest.
· National Certification Board shall not allow any of its examiners to accept any gifts from customer / Training Institutes.